Sunday, December 5, 2010

#reverb10: Wonder

December 4th prompt: Wonder
How did you cultivate a sense of wonder in your life this year?

Without a doubt, the wonder and joy in my life this year came from experiencing life with my daughter. She showed me that it’s totally appropriate to rock out to “The 12 Days of Christmas” while on a tram during Winterfest. She reminded me that you can see the sights so much better on a bus if your hands and face are smashed up against the window. She taught me that music can be found anywhere – plastic blocks, wooden spoons, metal pots, bottles of aspiration.

I love how much she loves people. She smiles at most strangers, and they smile and say hi right back to her. She blows kisses. She gives tight hugs. She says “muah” when she kisses you. She waves. She loves to cuddle. She makes you feel like you’re the most important person in the world when she beams at you.

She is so content with the simplest things. She can read the same book over and over and still be as engrossed in it the fourth time as she was the first time. She thinks coasters and cake beaters are the best toys. She is filled with excitement each time the refrigerator or dish washer is opened. She loves blowing on Harry’s coach’s whistle.

She makes the silliest faces. She says “cheese” when she is posing for a picture. She can’t help but groove when catchy music plays. Even though she can’t quite talk, she still sings along to the ABC song and Old MacDonald. She melts my heart whenever she says “Daddy” or “Mom.”

This past year has gone by so quickly. In the blink of an eye, my tiny baby has grown into a little girl. I’m only sad that I missed so much of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment