Sunday, December 5, 2010

#reverb10: Let Go

December 5 prompt: Let Go
What (or whom) did you let go of this year? Why?


I let go of a few material possessions this year – clothes, shoes, shot glasses, Liz Taylor dolls, books – that didn’t feel like me anymore. Stephanie told me that I should start shedding things that no longer fit the person who I am and the person I hope to grow into. For whatever reason, the concept made complete sense to me. I still feel like there is so much more clutter in our house that eventually needs to go, but I will get to it in due time.

I let go of Anatomy & Physiology. The timing and the circumstances were way off in my life, and it was best to withdraw from the class. It was exactly what I needed to do at the time.

I let go of a job opportunity. The new position would have brought with it a better title, a raise, and room for growth. Again, the timing and circumstances in my job were a bit off, and I knew it was the best thing for me to stay exactly where I was.

I let go of Pink Papaya. When all is said in done, I spent way more money than I ever made, and I just don’t have the passion for it like I did in the beginning. I think a lot of that has to due with the fact that although the products are infused with botanicals, they are a far cry from being organic. If I am ever to embrace a truly holistically healthy lifestyle, the products don’t quite fit in.

I let go of singing at church. I sang at my church for over 15 years. Singing was a huge part of who I was. Now that I am attending a new church, I no longer sing as a ministry. I thought I was ok with that, but I’m realizing lately that I really, really miss it. I am craving being a worship leader.

I let go of friendships that weren’t nurturing my spirit. As I was gaining a clearer picture of the kind of life I want to live and the person I want to be, I realized I didn’t have the energy to maintain friendships that were basically shallow in nature. I need my inner circle of friends to be composed of deep, positive, spiritual people. I also need there to be an equal exchange of energy.
Side note: That being said, I realize that I have been a draining friend lately. Steph, I’m so sorry our past two encounters in particular have been so depressing! You will be happy to know that I am coming back to life starting today. I owe you a fabulous girls day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment