Monday, December 13, 2010

Alternatives

I have read three books in a row that suggest eliminating cow dairy from your diet, mainly because it is very difficult to digest and it turns acidic once it is in the body. Ideally, I would like to transition to a more clean diet; however, even though the idea of veganism is appealing in theory, I think I would have a difficult time putting it into practice. You're looking at a woman who eats cold cereal pretty much every day and who absolutely adores melted cheese.

While I was in the grocery store yesterday, I saw a yogurt that caught my eye: SO Delicious Cultured Coconut Milk. I decided to give it a try.
Today, I tried Raspberry. It was surprisingly good. In fact, I think I like it better than regular yogurt. If all coconut milk tastes this good, it may not be as difficult to wean cow's milk as I orginally thought. The major downside is the price. It cost me $2.00 for a 6 oz container. There's no way I can justify spending that much on a regular basis. I need to learn the basics of eating organic on a budget (if there is such a thing!)

No comments:

Post a Comment