Tuesday, December 7, 2010

#reverb10: Community

December 7 Prompt: Community
Where have you discovered community, online or otherwise, in 2010? What community would you like to join, create or more deeply connect with in 2011?


In 2010, I have dwelt in a land of solidarity, as opposed to community. I realize I don’t have a lot of friends. Ok…I take that back. I have plenty of friends. Just not ones I would feel comfortable calling at 3:00 in the morning if I was in trouble. Last night was the perfect example. I had a terrible migraine. I threw up three times in the car and twice at home. I couldn’t even keep down a small sip of tea. I was in so much pain, and I felt terribly weak. I kept apologizing to Bianca as she stood in the bathroom next to me lying on the floor, looking horribly confused. Had I had a close friend, I could have called her and asked her to take care of Bianca for me until Harry got home.

I did, however, discover a lot more bloggers that I love in 2010. Reading blogs led me to other blogs. There are so many interesting and inspiring people in the world. Everyone has a story and it’s fascinating to read about their mundane adventures. It’s amazing how much I see myself in other people. The world is really small, and we are all connected. Like I told Steph, I found my ideal life coach in Florida and my ideal personal trainer in Texas! That being said, I do seem to take up a lot more time at work reading blogs. Perhaps I wouldn’t be as stressed and behind on my task list if I limited my online reading. Then again, my favorite blogs tend to keep me sane at work. Guess I have to find that ever-elusive balance!

In 2011, I would like to be surrounded with nutritious people. I would like to join a small group, growing closer to other Christians and to God. I would like to volunteer at church, gaining a sense of ownership and belonging at CCC. I would like to be surrounded by like-minded people at work, having transitioned to a holistic health field. I would like to have an inspiring mentor, an empowering life coach, a transformational personal trainer, and a miracle worker of an esthetician. I would like to have close friendships with bright, witty, compassionate people. Friends who feel just as comfortable calling me in their time of need as I do calling them in mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment