Tuesday, December 7, 2010

#reverb10: Make

December 6 prompt: Make
What was the last thing you made? What materials did you use? Is there something you want to make, but you need to clear some time for it?

Honestly I can’t remember the last thing I made. I love the idea of creation, but I haven’t tapped into that side of myself in a really long time. I’ve made some collages on my computer – but I'm not sure that counts. It’s certainly not the same as playing with magazines, scissors, glue and paint (which I haven’t done in such a long time!)

I can think of a few things I’d like to make if I would only clear the time for it:

1) A new “good girl” chart. It was my spin-off on Damian’s “good boy” chart. If he was good so many days in a row, he was given a reward. The last “good girl” chart I made was an exercise chart before my wedding. I decorated it with motivating words and images, as well as pictures of beach-themed weddings. Each time I exercised, I earned a smiley face sticker. I got a bonus sticker if I drank 64 oz of water or ate under my calories. It was fun to fill up my chart, but I never actually rewarded myself. If I ever make a new one, I will definitely stick to that element. Not only to motivate myself, but to pat myself on the back for a job well done.

2) A book of love letters for Harry. I would make a collage on the cover composed of images and words of love. Then I would just pour my heart out to him. He really is a wonderful husband, and I don’t show my appreciation for him enough.

3) Another journal for Bianca. This time I would decorate the cover, focus on telling her story (as opposed to my own), and add pictures of her to go along with the chronicles. I might even add some colorful doodles or inspiring poems for her.

4) A new vision board. This one would focus solely on my career. A change in that area definitely needs to occur. Capturing exactly what I need and want in a tangible way would be a great place to start.

5) A homemade, healthy, delicious meal. One that doesn’t come out of a box or the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment