Monday, December 20, 2010

#reverb10: 5 Minutes

December 15 Prompt - 5 Minutes
Imagine you will completely lose your memory of 2010 in five minutes. Set an alarm for five minutes and capture the things you most want to remember about 2010.

Sadly, I don't remember much about 2010. But I want to remember Bianca. Her smile, her laugh, her sloppy kisses. The feeling of her head pressing against my shoulder. Embracing her in tender hugs that I wish could linger forever.

I want to remember Harry. Feeling so safe as I lay in his arms. His soft kisses on the top of my head. Holding hands on the couch in front of the fire.

I want to remember Stephanie. Her words, her inspiration, her creativity. The fact that she came to Maryland when I was at my lowest point. Her true friendship that withstands time and distance.

I want to remember my family. My mom, my sister, Damian. My aunts and uncles. My grandma. My cousins and their families. My dad, my stepmom, and my brother. Throughout the craziness of life, my family has always been my constant support.

Most of all, I want to remember God's Grace. The gift of Jesus. The presence of the Holy Spirit. I want to remember that everything else is in vain. Without God, I am nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment