Friday, December 3, 2010

#reverb 10: Moment

December 3 prompt: Moment
Pick one moment during which you felt most alive this year. Describe it in vivid detail (texture, smells, voices, noises, colors).

It’s sad to say that I had to think long and hard about this one. Much of this year has been a complete blur. I’d like to say the time was filled with many adventures and moments of sweet bliss, but I don’t think that was the case. Especially since August, I have been pretty much sleep-walking through life. I have been completely preoccupied by work or thoughts of work. And I don’t even like my job! This definitely has to change next year.
(Ugh! I can’t even complete a beautiful prompt without bringing up work. What is wrong with me?!?)

Moment. The time I felt most alive this year is a compilation of many precious moments split over a period of four days: Bianca’s first trip to Ocean City. Those four days at the end of March were absolute bliss for me.

~ Reading and journaling by the bay
~ Quietly soaking up the sun while listening to the lapping water
~ Long walks on the boardwalk with the two people I love the most
~ Cuddling with Bianca
~ Putting BiBi’s toes in the sand for the first time
~ Having beautiful long hair that flowed in the breeze
~ Harry insisting that Bianca not be shaded by her stroller so she could enjoy the sights
~ Feeling guilty over her first sunburn that resulted
~ Having no worries and no stress
~ Making sweet love with my husband while our baby slept
~ Totally relating to a wooden sign proclaiming, “When I’m weary, I go to the sea”
~ Taking healing naps in the middle of the day
~ Devouring Dumser’s Peanut Butter Fudge Ice Cream (my favorite!!)
~ Being recognized by the sandwich maker at Subway having eaten there every afternoon
~ Taking pictures of my gorgeous daughter and my handsome husband
~ Seeing BiBi in an adorable sunhat
~ Reaffirming that when I go the beach, I go home

Grainy sand between my toes; the smell of salt in the air; the music of waves crashing, seagulls calling, and children laughing; rainbow kites whipping in the breeze; bikes quickly whizzing by; muted colors of beige, brown, blue, white, and green; the perfect combination of warm sun and cool breeze; sharing it all with the loves of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment