Friday, January 1, 2010

Sacred Friday

This week, we had to ponder two words: Acceptance and Strength.  It's pretty obvious that these words were meant to be pulled together.  I've come to realize that the more you have of the former, the more you will have of the latter.

Take for instance the following situations from my own life:
~ I have to accept that there is a lot of darkness in my past, but I gain strength knowing that I am forgiven and alive in Jesus.
~ I have to accept that I will make mistakes while raising Bianca, but I gain strength knowing that God trusted me enough to make me a mother.
~ I have to accept that Harry isn't always romatic, but I gain strength as he loves me in his own mundane, devoted, perfect way.
~ I have to accept that my job situation won't change drastically overnight, but I gain strength knowing I am exactly where God wants me, and it will ultimately lead to bigger things.
~ In general, I have to accept that life doesn't always go as planned, but I can gain strength knowing that God can turn all situations into good and can use them for His Glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment