Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Missing Home

I am writing this post while sitting alone in the hotel restaurant. I've only been in Miami for a few hours, and already I am homesick. I long to be home with my husband and my daughter.

Isn't it funny how things change when we become parents? A few years ago I would have gone on this trip with enthusiasm, eager to explore a new city. Now I'm just counting down until Friday. I long to hold BiBi, look into her big blue eyes, watch her stick her tongue out, and breathe in her smell as I cover her in kisses.

I also want to be at Harry's basketball game. No, I haven't turned into a sports fanatic overnight. I just long to be where a coach's wife should be: on the bench supporting her man. I'm sadder than I thought I'd be missing a game.

I also regret not being there for Damian's surgery. I talked to Kris and know he's doing fine. I just really wish I could have been there.

Perhaps my lack of sleep last night combined with traveling today has my emotions up a notch. After dinner I plan on taking a hot bath and reading until I fall asleep.

1 comment:

  1. Its hard to be away from ppl you love so much, no matter the distance or shortness of time, it feels like an eternity. You'll be home soon sweetie.. Until then enjoy some more hot soaks and peace and quiet.

    ReplyDelete