Monday, January 11, 2010

I SO Needed To Hear This!

When I arrived at work this morning, I was greated by an email from Cheryl Richardson.  This is an exerpt:

Max suggested that rather than force myself to do something my body and mind clearly wasn't ready to do I should honor my own natural flow of energy. Her prescription was simple: "If you have the energy to do something, do it. If you don't, don't do it." Sounds great, I said, but what about the nagging voices in my head that tell me I have to get things done first? "Ah, you see, this isn't about your to-do list or your cluttered desk" she said. "This is about your mind. You need to learn to manage your mind by telling it to rest while you wait for the energy you need to get a task completed."

I woke up this morning feeling a bit guilty about my lack of action last week and tried to convince myself all morning that this week will be different.  While I do hope it is different, and I do take more action in various areas of my life, I won't feel guilty about my lack of doing.  My body obviously needed rest last week due to the chaotic pace of work, and I honored that.  I shouldn't be ashamed at all.  I will just try to do better this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment