Saturday, January 2, 2010

Cranky Girl

I have a tendency to say that we have a very pleasant baby, and for the most part, it's true.  The last few days, however, have shown us a different side to our Little One.  She has been cranky with a capital C!  For the majority of her waking hours, she has been crying nonstop.  Holding her doesn't help.  Lying her down doesn't help.  Putting her in her swing doesn't help.  Her bottle doesn't help.  Her favorite paci doesn't help.  She hasn't even been sleeping through the night.  Last night, she got up three different times.  I read that babies start to cry less when they reach four months.  For whatever reason, Bianca seems to be crying more.

In good news, it seems like she is doing better today.  (Knock on wood)  She woke up around 6:00 for a bottle.  She then went back to sleep until around 8:30.  She was feeling a little warm, so I gave her some Tylenol.  About an hour ago, she started crying again, but she calmed down pretty quickly when Harry held her and fed her.  She has been acting pleasant ever since.  

I'm wondering if it's her teeth that are bothering her.  She has been drooling like crazy and she constantly chews on her hands.  I thought that it was too early to begin teething, but my mom and sister said babies can start showing signs of teething before the teeth actually pop out.  I felt her gums last night, and I don't think I felt anything different.  Then again, I don't exactly know what I'm feeling for.  Perhaps I'll ask Kris to check tomorrow.

I also wonder if she misses Aunt Dot.  During the week, she spends more time with her than with us.  Harry has been off all week, so she's stayed home with him.  Maybe she is just tired of spending so much time with us.

I hope everyone is having a happy New Year so far.

1 comment:

  1. babies are strange creatures..lol I was thinking, maybe it's teething (totally possible..Natalie had her first teeth right around the late 4 month period)..or maybe have her ears checked? But if she hasn't had a cold lately or anything she probably doesn't have an ear infection but sometimes those suckers pop up anytime. But, like you said, it sounds alot like teething..or a weird growth spurt. I hope everything settles down from this point on.... xoxoxo OH and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

    ReplyDelete