Sunday, January 10, 2010

A New Week...and A New Start

I haven't written in a few days.  Last week was a hectic week, and honestly, I'm so glad that today is Sunday and I get a chance to start over.

On Wednesday, I was so excited because I had high hopes for that evening.  But even though I had the best of intentions, it didn't turn out as planned.  I didn't get off work early after all.  In fact, I ended up staying even later.  There is just so much work to do and never enough time to do it in.  In fact, I had to take work to Harry's basketball game on Friday, and still didn't finish my report until 9:30 that night.  If there is one aspect of my life that is throwing my balance out of whack, it's my job.  The sad part is I spend so much time, effort, and energy on my job, and it doesn't mean anything to me.  I'm not making a difference or having an impact.  It is simply a means for earning money.  This week, I am going to make a huge effort to "Be Effective" at work during the nine hours I'm in the office and when 5:00 arrives, I will be ready to leave ON TIME.

I've also decided to start reading the Bible while I'm eating my breakfast.  That way, even if it's for 10 - 15 minutes, I will be sure to get in some of God's Word.  I did this on Thursday and Friday morning, and it really started my day off on the right foot.

This morning, Harry and I went to Middle River Baptist Church to visit.  We immediately felt welcome there.  We sat next to a young couple, who introduced themselves right away.  The worship music was great.  And the message was pretty good.  The man giving the message was only a guest speaker, as the regular pastor is out of state for a family emergency.  He should be back next Sunday, and I think we will be, too.  As long as the sermon is good, we may have found our new church home.  The church doesn't have cell groups, but they do have small group Bible studies every week, so that may work just as well.  They have a great children's and teen's ministry, and Harry was excited to see that they even have an adult volleyball team and cheerleading and basketball for the youth.  It also happens to be the closest church to our home, and when the weather gets warmer, we can walk there.  It truly feels like an answer to a long-time prayer.

Because I saw my mom, my sister, and Damian yesterday, Bianca and I are spending "Family Day" at home today.  It's actually quite nice not feeling obligated to go anywhere.  I hope to get some cleaning, some reading, and some exercise in today.

As long as work doesn't interfere too much, I think this week will be much better than last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment