Thursday, February 17, 2011

Work Update

As I mentioned a few posts ago, things at work are looking up. My supervisor returned to the office on Monday. She had a long chat with me, telling me that she wanted to keep me happy. She's impressed with the way I handled everything in her absence. She's wants me to have more autonomy in my job and wants my input on how to keep things running smoothly in the office.

She also let me have my title change now instead of Sepetmeber (though no money came along with it), and if they ever decide to fill Sheila's position (she has been gone for over a year now), that person will be my direct report. I can then add "supervisory experience" to my resume. Woo hoo! So anyway, I am no longer an Administrative Assistant; I am now a Program Coordinator. Much better!

The only downside is my work load has not seemed to ease up at all since my supervisor returned. If anything, it seems like my task list has gotten longer. I was in the office from 8 AM to 6:30 PM yesterday, and I am staying late again today. I really wish my life wasn't so out of balance!!

1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    Thanks for sharing such a valuable post here!!
    Work is always updating! these are an amazing habits.

    Come to updates your work and get money for work via Commercial Title Loans.

    ReplyDelete