Sunday, February 6, 2011

Strengths Finder 2.0

One of my homework assignments to complete before my first coaching session was taking the online Strengths Finder assessment. The purpose of the evaluation is to identify the top five talents in one's life. The following were my results, along with a brief description of the talent.

1. Empathy - I can sense the feelings and emotions of the people around me and understand where they are coming from.
2. Input - I am inquisitive and collect things. Not only tangible objects, but also words, facts, quotations, and images.
3. Connectedness - I believe that all things happen for a reason. We are all connected and part of something greater than ourselves.
4. Adaptability - I live in the moment. I am flexible. I may have a plan, but I respond willingly to demands of the moment, even if I am pulled away from my plans.
5. Developer - I see the potential in others. Each person is a work in progress, and alive with possibilities.

I think that my results are pretty accurate. The only strength I briefly questioned was "Adaptability," mainly because I tend to resist sudden change. However, once I get over the initial shock and have a venting session, I usually do go with the flow and get the job done. I also see life as an adventure, and I don't necessarily need everything planned out. (Especially on vacations) I'd rather play things by ear. Keeping all that in mind, I can see why I may have gotten this result.

As I am getting a clearer picture of what Circle's End may ultimately look like, I can see how all of those strengths will fit in. It's quite exciting to see the puzzle pieces coming together!!

1 comment: