Saturday, February 12, 2011

What a Man of Integrity!!

This morning I received an email from my life coach Joel. It read, "During the course of our conversation, and reflecting on it afterward, I realized that my coaching may not be a good fit for your current needs. I will have Jay put a check in the mail for you today." All I can say is "Wow!"

I think a lot of other coaches would have ignored the fact that we didn't quite mesh, just because I was a paying customer. This man is obviously different. He is full of integrity. He is not only talking the Christian talk, he is living the life. What a wonderful man!

What this experience has shown me is: I already have the answers inside. I already know who I am. I already know what my passions are. I already have a vision for my future career. I don't need help in that area. I really just need help formulating an action plan.

Last year, my friend Carolyn suggested that I start making contact with wellness professionals in the Baltimore area. I reached out to a total of....ZERO. Last year was one of the darkest times of my life. But I am in a much better place this year. And I am more ready than ever for my breakthrough. Now I just have to get my butt in motion and start taking baby steps. That's the only way I am going to get un-stuck.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Carey:
    I am glad everything turned out fine with your coach :-)
    I am a follower of your blog, if it is ok with you. I am too in the process of discovering myself...a career change that I have not very clear idea where it will lead me. I feel there are so many things we have in common about this that reading your blog it is helping me as well. Thank you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Eva,

    Of course I don't mind you following! Especially if we are in a similar place in our lives. I have faith that everything will work out for both of us. Not only in our career, but life in general. Do you have a blog? I'd love to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! Check out "The Me Project" by Kathi Lipp, I think it is right up your alley (I'm reviewing it for my blog right now). And, it's not an expensive book. You know what, never mind. Email me your address and I will just mail it to you.

    ReplyDelete