Sunday, February 20, 2011

50/50 List

My blogger friend Chelle is a really awesome person on so many levels. In the mail this week, she sent me some information on Advocare, as well as the book "The Me Project: 21 days to living the life you've always wanted" by Kathi Lipp. I was so excited to dive right in!

The first chapters encourage the reader to start dreaming big and visualizing her future. "If I knew I was going to live another 50 years, what would I want those years to look like? What would I like to say that I've done with that time?" We are supposed to begin the project with a 50/50 list - 50 dreams to accomplish in the next 50 years. Then we pick one to focus on during the 21 days of the Me Project.

Here is my 50/50 List (in no particular order):

1. Become a massage therapist
2. Earn a PhD
3. Learn the principles of Ayurveda
4. Become a wellness coach
5. Have more biological children
6. Adopt 2 children
7. Completely pay off our debt, including our mortgage
8. Buy/build a beach cottage
9. Have a healthy, toned body
10. Eat and cook with the seasons
11. Star in a musical
12. Teach wellness classes at the community college
13. Write a book
14. See all of my children have personal relationships with God
15. Pray daily with my husband
16. Practice yoga
17. Run a half-marathon
18. Learn how to kick-box
19. Eliminate processed foods from my diet
20. Be free from the 9-5 work day
21. Work 15 minutes or less from home
22. Volunteer on a regular basis
23. Own my own, profitable business
24. Get rid of my headaches
25. Have a popular blog
26. Be part of a women's circle
27. Join a community choir or worship team
28. Make a six-figure income
29. Join a drum circle
30. Cook real food for dinner 5 times a week
31. Record a CD
32. Buy Harry a horse
33. Take Mom to Alaska
34. Get regular massages, facials and pedicures
35. Be considered an expert in a field
36. Have a group of close, diverse friends
37. Become a foster mom for teenagers
38. Be a good wife - attractive, energetic, affectionate
39. Be the kind of mom whose kids can tell her anything
40. Learn to play guitar
41. Take tap, jazz, or ballet for adults
42. Direct a human video at church
43. Go on a missions trip
44. Use organic cosmetics and cleaning supplies
45. Visit Italy, Ireland, and Germany
46. Start keeping photo journals
47. Own another purple convertible
48. Own a soft, feminine, freeing wardrobe
49. Find a reason to laugh every day
50. Become a Proverbs 31 Woman

I still haven't decided which goal to work on for the Me Project, but I will make a decision relatively soon.

3 comments:

  1. Hooray hooray hooray! :) My heart and face are smiling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carey, your list is AMAZING! I can't believe we have so many things in common! Would you like to know which? ;-)

    1. Become a massage therapist
    --I am a massage therapist

    3. Learn the principles of Ayurveda.
    --Some years ago, I started reading about Ayurveda and felt in love with it. Since then, Ayurveda has been part of my life in some ways, some months more than others. There are some books that have been very important in that process and I recommend to you...n case you do not know them already ;-)
    * Any book by the dearest Vasant Lad (his school is in New Mexico)
    *"Absolute Beauty", by Pratima Raichur.
    * Any book by Maya Tiwari.

    4. Become a wellness coach
    --I do not know if wellness coach is my calling, but it has been with me for many years, always showing friends and family the wonders of alternative medicine. And being part of the medical field (I do not know what yet) is where I would like to end up doing.

    6. Adopt 2 children
    --If I ever have children, it would be by adoption.

    7. Completely pay off our debt.
    --Me too.

    8. Buy/build a beach cottage
    -- In my case: live by the sea. I was born in an island, so the sea is very important for me, for my soul...

    9. Have a healthy, toned body
    --Yes, I am not very good with keeping an exercise regime.

    10. Eat and cook with the seasons
    --I am doing this already. Very important for me. Cook with the seasons and local :-)

    16. Practice yoga
    --I practice yoga at home. Rodney Yee's videos are awesome!!

    19. Eliminate processed foods from my diet
    --Yep. Some days I am better at that than others.

    20. Be free from the 9-5 work day
    --I would love to work from home!

    22. Volunteer on a regular basis
    --This week I started my volunteer experience :-) One day at an Hospice and another day at a hospital.

    24. Get rid of my headaches
    --Have you tried the chiropractor? Or a deep tissue/trigger point massage?

    26. Be part of a women's circle
    --This was one of my dreams for many years. I created one some months ago with my friends, but...I am hoping for something more nurturing. I belonged to one in my home city and it was such an inspiring experience. I am still looking for something like that here...

    28. Make a six-figure income
    --Ye,s please. So I can save money and...travel!

    29. Join a drum circle
    --I love drums. When I need to be inspired, I put my drum CDs ;-)

    34. Get regular massages, facials and pedicures
    --In my case, I am very happy with the massage part :-)

    35. Be considered an expert in a field
    --Yes...I have always felt I do not know enough of anything :-(

    36. Have a group of close, diverse friends

    44. Use organic cosmetics and cleaning supplies
    --That;s what we use at home. And as for the cosmetics, if you read Pratima Raichur's book, you can learn how to make your own...in Ayurvedic way!

    45. Visit Italy, Ireland, and Germany
    --I have been to Italy--And can't wait to go back. My husband and I are planning a month stay there for next year. I hope it comes true!

    46. Start keeping photo journals
    --I am a scrapbooker ;-)

    49. Find a reason to laugh every day


    I hope I have not bother you!
    **Hugs**

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eva, you are not a bother at all! I sent you a message through blogger. Hopefully you received it. I am excited to have connected with you!

    ReplyDelete