Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Life is Good!

The past few days have been filled with fun, laughter, and so much love! I feel a bit high on life at the moment, which is a wonderful feeling! : )

Friday I called out sick. Bianca and I were able to share a leisurely morning together, which was simply wonderful. I also managed to do two loads of laundry, run the dishwasher, and clean the kitchen floor. I truly love the days I am able to stay home!!

At 12:30 PM, my aunt came and picked me up. We went to a hair dresser, where BiBi received her first haircut. It was a traumatic experience for her. I ended up having to sit her in my lap and hold her arms down. Even then, she didn’t stop crying or moving her head. So while it’s a little bit shorter, she still has the “crazy hair.” I guess we’ll have to wait a few more months until we try again.

Afterwards, we drove to the car rental shop, where I picked up a black BMW 528i. As a back story, Harry has always wanted a BMW. It is his dream car. For the past four years, we have been making a plan for him to buy one for his 35th birthday. Unfortunately, our finances are not in the shape we had hoped they would be, and taking on a large car payment is just not feasible for us right now. But I was not going to let a little money problem get in the way of my hubby from having a BMW on his 35th birthday! Hence, the rental car.

He had a basketball game after school, so he didn’t get home until late. When he finally arrived, I was waiting by the front door. I wanted to see his face when he pulled up. Immediately he jumped out of his car, walked over to the BMW, touched the passenger side door, and smiled. (Later I found out that he originally thought my dad had bought it for him as a present. Whoops! Sorry, Honey!) He was very happy.

Saturday morning, we all slept in until 7:15 AM. We had a few hours of enjoyable family time and then we drove to my mom’s house. Bianca spent the day with her while Harry and I headed to Delaware Park. I’m not a fan of gambling, but Harry loves the horse races. Luckily, he had a few good bets, and we ended up coming home with $100 more than we left with!

When we came home, there was a lemon cream cake from Olive Garden waiting for Harry in the refrigerator – his favorite dessert. I had picked it up for him on Friday, but I hid it in the vegetable drawer, so he didn’t see it.

We ended the night by going to Damian’s soccer game, which started at 8 PM. We met my mom and picked up Bianca from there. Unfortunately, the Crusaders didn’t win that game, but I always love watching my nephew play!!

Sunday morning (Harry’s actual birthday) I had to be at church at 8:30 AM, as it was my first week of serving on the Hospitality team. (I will have to write a separate post about that later, as that is a story in itself!) After church, I went back home, and Harry and I returned the BMW. After a brief trip to the grocery store, we went home and ordered pizza for lunch – not exactly fancy, but it’s my hubby’s favorite food! Afterwards, I baked 7 dozen chocolate chip cookies. Then we watched a movie. That night, as we were preparing to go to bed, he told me that this had been his best birthday ever. Mission accomplished! : )

Yesterday was Valentine’s Day. Harry had a basketball game, so Bianca and I spent the evening on the bleachers. It was senior night, so the seniors and their families were introduced on the court before the game, and they played the whole first quarter. The Clippers won the game with a score of 105-54! We celebrated the victory by sharing the cookies I had baked with the team and their families. Later that night, after putting BiBi to bed, Harry and I watched the Bachelor together while cuddling on the couch. It wasn’t exactly the most romantic night, but it was still pretty perfect.

I also had a great day at work – but I’ll have to write a separate post about that, as well. Let’s just say that things are looking up!

Quite simply, life is good. All Glory to God!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Carey, what a wonderful birthday! So romantic! :-)

    ReplyDelete