Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Today I Am Proud As A Peacock!

It's been a while since I've blogged about my physical health. I'll be honest and say that I hit a rough patch when it came to exercise. While I had good intentions to excercise, I never acted upon them. You could say that during the big snowstorm, I definitely developed a case of Blizzard Body. I'm pretty sure the scale went up a few pounds there.

One day as I was walking down the hallway at work, I just felt heavy. I'm not talking about feeling fat. Literally, my body just felt heavy. I wasn't walking with ease. My feet and knees were hurting. I could feel the flab on my arms, on my tummy, and on my chin moving. I didn't like the way I felt. at. all.

That was the day I vowed to myself that I would make a change.

So I came home, made myself an exercise chart, and started off on another round of the 30-Day Shred. I planned to complete 10 days at Level 1, 10 days at Level 2, and the final 10 days at Level 3.

This morning, I finished my 10 days of Level 1! I am so proud of myself. Ok...I confess....I didn't complete the workouts in 10 consecutive days; I missed a day. But you have to admit that 10 workouts in 11 days isn't bad at all. Especially considering I was starting from scratch.

I haven't seen much change in my body yet, but I'm only 1/3 of the way through. I'm sure at the end of this venture, I will see a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment