Monday, March 15, 2010

Abundant Life With Exercise

Last week, I read a really inspiring article on exercise by Branda Polk. In it she said that "Exercise is a way that God allows our bodies to stay strong and have the opportunity to live the abundant life Christ promises. When we follow God’s way of living we are blessed in all aspects of our lives." She also said to "Consider your exercise an act of worship, as you care for the body God gave you."

I have been doing better with exercise, but I'm still not at the point where my body craves it. I'd still much rather sleep the extra 30 minutes than get busy with Jillian. But what a beautiful thought: exercise can be a form of worship. I think if I keep this reminder in my head, I will be more willing to move, and put in more effort while I do it.

As I've mentioned before, I haven't noticed any big changes where my body is concerned. However, I was pleasantly surprised on Saturday when I got on the scale and saw that I have lost 4 pounds! I might not notice it, but SOMETHING must be happening as a result of The Shred!

Those 4 pounds have inspired me to set a new goal: to reach the 150's by my birthday. I'm currently at 169. If I am diligent about my workouts, drink plenty of water, and try to cut out empty calories (like my afternoon Mocha), I think losing 10 pounds is a reasonable goal to achieve in 6 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment