Thursday, July 19, 2012

This and That

~ I'm not feeling so well today.  Achy stomach, nausea, lack of energy.... I just want to go home and curl up on the couch.
~ I am really missing my husband and my daughter today.  All day I've wanted to leave my desk and rush home to the arms of my two favorite people.
~ Tonight at small group, we are having a time of prayer and sharing instead of our usual Bible study.  Even though I long to be at home, I simply wouldn't miss a powerful night of being in the presence of the Holy Spirit and some truly wonderful ladies.
~ Most days I feel very confident in my new role as Office Manager.  I have one pending task, however, that I have been trying to resolve since July 9th.  It is making me doubt my abilities just a bit.
~ I found out today that I am not covered by FMLA since I have been a State employee for less than a year.  My boss told me not to worry about job security, though.
~ I have been a little weepy the past two days.  I'm not sure why.  I need to pay close attention to myself these next few weeks to make sure I am not slipping back into PPD.
~ But if I am, I must promise myself to get help sooner rather than later.
~ My mom and my aunt have been fighting a lot these past few weeks.  Some over Bianca, some over my grandmother, some over money.  I long for peace to take over their hearts.
~ I haven't yet made it known to my family that Alex won't be baptized in the Catholic Church.  Even though I am standing firm in my decision, I am a bit nervous of their reactions.
~ I heard a sermon today that said there is a big difference between simply believing in Christ and actually being a committed disciple of His.  It made me wonder which camp I fall in.
~ I feel guilty that I don't volunteer anymore.  But I don't have the energy to do anything about it right now.
~ I really wish Alanis would release her U.S. tour dates.  She will be in Atlantic City on August 29th.  Normally, I would have made the drive to see her.  But 5 days post baby delivery isn't very practical.
~ I am holding onto hope that she will come to Baltimore again.  It's been way too long since I've seen her last.
~ This time, she will be in our presence as a wife and mother.  I know she will appear even more beautiful because of it.
~ I am hungry, but all I have with me are Pop Tarts, which give me terrible heartburn.  I don't know if I should attempt to eat anything else, though.  My stomach is really not cooperating today.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment