Friday, July 20, 2012

Last Night

Last night was one of those perfect nights.  After a powerful night of prayer with my small group, I finally arrived home around 9:30 PM.  We headed upstairs fairly soon after that.  I hadn't seen Bianca or Harry all day, so all three of us got into bed together.  We had a fun pillow fight complete with lots of laughter.  Then we spent a few minutes talking about our day.  Then we said prayers.  Then we all cuddled as a family, our arms making a bit of a love knot.  Once Bianca drifted to sleep, I focused on my own prayers as thunder and lightning flashed outside.  For me, it was exactly what my soul needed.

This morning, I feel great.  Much, much better than yesterday.  I didn't need to hit the snooze button, I straightened up Bianca's toys in the family room, and I headed to work before Harry or Bianca got up.  I blasted one of my Alanis CDs on the way, and I continued singing as I was walking through the parking garage.  (Which happened to have awesome acoustics!!)  Perfect start to my day.  My heart is overflowing with joy and gratitude today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment