Friday, July 6, 2012

Magic Bullet

A few years ago, my mother-in-law gave me a Magic Bullet for Christmas.  Because I had it for over two years and never opened it, I decided to give it to the Purple Heart last year. 

A few months ago when I was trying to make cake pops, I realized how much easier it would have been to have a food processor.  The same thought went through my head when I was trying to crush Oreos for dirt cake.  I wanted to kick myself for giving the appliance away again yesterday morning as I was unsuccessfully trying to make a smoothie in my less-than-high-end blender.

For whatever reason, I have been on a smoothie kick this week, looking up different recipes I could try.  I have also been sharing a few with my coworker, who is also on a quest to get healthier.  We had a ten-minute conversation yesterday about the Magic Bullet, and how it would be the perfect tool for making smoothies, especially because you can blend the drinks right inside the cup.  I also told her my woeful story of how I used to have one, never used it, gave it away, and am now regretting the decision.

You won't believe it, but lo and behold, when I got home from work yesterday, there was a Magic Bullet sitting on my kitchen counter!  I was a little bit in shock!  I hadn't mentioned that machine to my hubby in months, yet on the day I spent talking about how much I wanted one, it magically appeared in our home.  All I can say is "wow."  I know it's a silly example, but it's just proof to me that God really does provide for our every need....and in some cases our wants, too!

It also goes to show you that I have the most wonderful husband who pays closer attention to me than I think he does!

Oh - and for the record - I have made two smoothies with the Magic Bullet so far, and they have both turned out great!!  : )     

No comments:

Post a Comment