Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Catholic No More

This past Sunday, I cantored at St. Luke's for the final time.  I had been singing there twice a month since March.  Prior to Bianca's birth, I sang there almost every week for 15 years.  After she was born, I left.  I was searching for something more, and I found it at CCC.

I wasn't quite sure why God called me back.  (At least I thought it was Him at the time)  But now I know I had to go back there.  In the short amount of time that I was back, I was introduced to two new (and younger) priests.  Their sermons were definitely more modern, but I quickly realized that I simply wasn't being fed in the Catholic Church anymore.  It wasn't any more complicated than that.  I couldn't wait for my obligation to end.

Now it has. 

And I finally feel free.

No comments:

Post a Comment