Monday, June 7, 2010

Back to School

My Massage 101 class starts tonight. I am excited. I'm also a little nervous. I haven't taken undergraduate classes since 2002. I hope I remember how to retain information!

I have had the dream of pursuing massage therapy for so long. I guess somewhere inside me I didn't believe it would actually happen, so I never took the longings of my soul seriously. But now, here I am, starting out on this journey. It's a pretty incredible feeling.

When I went to college the first time, I was unsure of who I was. I was worried about having people like me. I was trying to do the "right" things. I took the path that I was told to take. I never really lived for myself.

This time, I know myself much better. I know my passions. I know my dislikes. I know where I want to make a difference. I'm secure in who I am. I have nobody to impress. I hope that these factors help to contribute to my success in the program.

I don't know where this journey will ultimately take me. All I know that as I take this first baby step onto unknown terrain, I finally feel as if this is exactly where I was meant to be all along. I feel like singing!

No comments:

Post a Comment