Thursday, June 17, 2010

Baby Steps

Since I am well on my way to becoming a holistic health provider, it's time to get serious about my own health. I read somewhere that a person cannot give what she does not have. Makes perfect sense! So I need to make some changes where my health is concerned.

First and foremost, I need to lose weight. Of course, I have never been successful with this feat in the past. So I have decided to not focus on the 44 lbs I would like to lose. Instead, I will focus on baby steps. So my baby steps for today are: drinking 64 oz of water, taking the stairs instead of the elevator at work, and getting in 10 minutes of cardio.

Drinking enough water has always been difficult for me. However, I now have a 64 oz water bottle to help me. I know that I need to drink the entire bottle before the day is done. I was successful yesterday - even though I chugged at least 8 oz at the end, forcing myself to finish the bottle. Today, I have added a splash of cranberry juice to the water. It gives it a bit of flavor.

With work, school, and trying to spend quality time with my family, I don't have a lot of free time. So instead of trying to fit in a half hour or an hour of exercise, I just want to find 10 minutes to work in some cardio. If I do, I know I will feel so much better.

You notice that I didn't mention my diet. That's because I'm taking things one day at a time, and unfortanetly, I won't be able to change much about the foods I'm eating this week. I have to wait until it's time for another grocery run. Ultimately, my baby step will be to eat two vegetables a day.

The Mondo Beyondo Goal I have set for myself is to lose 44 lbs by April 20, 2011. That's less than 5 lbs per month. I think I can do if I am disciplined.

No comments:

Post a Comment