Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Great Class!

Did you ever get the feeling, as soon as you enter a place, that you are exactly where you were meant to be? I got that feeling last night as I entered my classroom to begin my MASS 101 class.

Usually, I find most classrooms too cool for my taste. Even on the hottest summer days, I drag a sweater along with me because I wind up getting chilly. When I walked into Room 329, however, I was pleasantly surprised by how warm the room was. The professor had Celtic music playing and had an energy about him that just felt good to be around. The students all seemed eager to learn. No one was sitting in the back rows at all. Everyone had gravitated toward the front of the room. My personal favorite spot in a classroom is front and center. Someone was already sitting in that seat when I arrived, so I had to settle for front and left. But for once in my life I felt completely surrounded by people like me. Don't get me wrong - all of us are different races, ages, and come from different backgrounds. But there is just a similar energy and passion flowing through all of us. I am in love already!

There is one girl in particular that I'm hoping to become friends with. She is an energy worker and a nutrition consultant. I am just drawn to her. Another woman (the one who was sitting in my favorite seat) has a doctorate degree in Pharmacy and also does energy work. I have a feeling I could learn a lot from her. I think my ego was always inflated by my two Master's degrees, but there are several people in the class who have higher education than me. It was a humbling, but oh so good, experience to be learning with them! I can't wait to go back on Wednesday!!

The only issue is we are only meeting for 9 sessions total. The class ends on July 7th. We are going to be cramming a lot of information into a small time frame. We have two quizzes, a midterm, and a final - plus homework assignments AND a research paper all due in this time. I really hope I can find ample time to study and complete my work. More than anything, I want to succeed in this program.

No comments:

Post a Comment