Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Inspiration

I found an old friend from grad school on Facebook today. I always loved being around her because of the positive, rainbow energy she emitted. She introduced me to SARK and the idea of vision boards. She always encouraged me to get to know myself and explore the dreams locked in my heart before trying to invite someone else into my life. Sad to say, I really didn't take her advice.

I got a bit side-tracked, and I ended up finishing my MA degree after she did. We lost touch, and I haven't spoken to her in four years.

She said to me today "I'm living on the Eastern shore now. I'm living my dreams!" She lives in a gorgeous house near the water with her husband and pets, she works where she went to college, and she walks to work every day. In all of her pictures, she is simply radiating.

So now I am sitting here in this job that brings me little satisfaction, pondering what my ideal life would look like. It's been a while since I've made one, but I think I need to make a new vision board. It's always nice to get refocused on your dreams and goals. I have a good idea of where I'm headed, but sometimes it helps to have something concrete to look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment