Wednesday, August 1, 2012

August

Huzzah!  August is finally here!  This is the month I will get to meet my Daughter-to-Be, and I can't wait!  This has been quite a busy week for me, and it will continue well into the weekend.  If I can just make it through Sunday, next week I can concentrate on baby issues, like buying diapers, installing the carseat bases, and packing my hospital bag.

Last night I had dinner with my stepmother.  I was craving steamed crabs, and she offered to buy some for me.  So yummy!  During our two-hour conversation, she asked me if I was still interested in pursuing Massage Therapy.  Without a doubt, the answer is yes; however, my priorities have shifted quite a bit.  Now that I am content at work, I want to focus on how to build a 25-year career at UM.  That way, I can at least give my children the option of going to college for free.  (As long as my benefits don't change before then!)

Yes, I do want to pursue massage, but I think it will have to wait until my children are older and Harry and I are nearing retirement.  I can picture myself living in a beach resort, offering healing massages at reasonable prices.  It wouldn't be about the money; it would solely be about my vocation and purpose.  I imagine it would be much more satisfying that way.

I must sound like a broken record most days, but I am very tired today.  Even the mocha I had this morning didn't help.  I really feel like I could crawl into bed and sleep for a whole day if allowed.  Getting up so many times during the night is not helping matters at all.  Baking a baby really is hard work.  I will be happy when this gestation period is over.  Then I can start working on getting my body and my energy back.

At least the end is clearly in sight: 23 more days at the latest!!

No comments:

Post a Comment