Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Miserable Pregnant Lady

My status on Facebook yesterday said, "Even though I really tried to avoid it, I think I am turning into one of those miserable pregnant ladies."  I am tired, my body hurts, it's getting harder to walk, and I just plain want to run away and hide for the next few weeks!

I talked to Harry last night, and as long as my boss agrees, I think that August 17th will be my last day at work.  I am just so miserable, and I'm having a hard time concentrating.  Going out a few days earlier would also let me have four days of Mommy and Bianca time before Alex arrives.  I know in my heart that she will adjust well.  I just don't want her doubting that she is any more special.

We are almost completely prepared for Alex to make her grand entrance into the world.  Harry is wonderful.  On Monday, he bought diapers, set up the pack-n-play, pulled out the car seat and bases, and got out all of the bottles.  I already washed and put away all the newborn and 0-3 month clothes.  All that's left to do now is to buy another base for my Mom's car, install them all, and pack the hospital bag.  I just need to go to Target and pick up some travel-sized toiletries first.  Hopefully all that will be done this weekend.

Only 16 more days to go.  Secretly, I'm hoping to go into labor on my own.  I have heard, however, that you should look at your mother's birth experiences to predict your own.  Since my beautiful mommy had three failed induction attempts with my sister, I doubt I will go early.  Legend has it, though, that Domino's pizza played a big part in getting her out.  Perhaps we need to place a pizza order or two the next two weeks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment