Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Rough Morning

I’ve tried my best to stay positive on this blog. Even though I have a terrible case of working-mom guilt, I’ve tried to keep my daily struggle to myself. After all, there’s only so much negativity one’s readers can take. But this morning I need to vent.



I was hoping to sneak out of the house before she awoke, but the minute I tiptoed into her room, Bianca stirred and open her eyes. I stood there next to her crib – motionless – hoping she would drift back to sleep. But as soon as her eyes caught mine, they opened wide. She answered my “good morning” with, “Good morning, Mommy” and a smile.



Though I had to leave for work within minutes, I took the time to change her, give her some milk, and hold her in my lap for a few precious moments. I told her that I loved her very much, but I had to go to work. And that’s when the tears started to fall. She cried, I cried, and I suspect that Harry was crying on the inside, perhaps questioning the ability to fully provide for his family.



I was a wreck as I walked out the door, and that all-too familiar pain in my chest and gut was stronger than usual. I had difficulty breathing, and driving to work was a real challenge. All I wanted to do was turn around and go home and cuddle with my daughter.



People have reassured me that being a working mom and leaving your little ones does get easier. My only question is WHEN? When will it get easier? Because my Little One is almost two years old, and I still have these days when I just can’t handle it.

All I can do is pray that one day our financial situation will change and I can be a stay-at-home mom, or at least work a part-time job that will allow me to spend more time with our children.

3 comments:

  1. Hiking is an adventurous athletic activity that needs sturdy footwear toNike Air Max assure you a safe and enjoyable hiking. And hiking sneakers are a good bet for you Kawasaki Fairings
    in this regard. Hiking sneakers provide excellent cushioning, good shock absorption and above all maximum comfort. Asics Tiger Shoes
    The rubber outsole with heel pads of hiking sneaker provides you good Asics Onitsuka Tigertraction and protection against hard impacts.
    .

    ReplyDelete