Friday, August 19, 2011

Loving Eyes

Earlier this week I was driving on Eastern Boulevard when I came to the red light at Stemmers Run Road. As I looked over at the Stembridge football field, I caught a glimpse of my nephew practicing with his team. In that very instant, my heart leaped with joy and I was overcome with a huge sense of love. He had no idea I was there, but that fact couldn’t contain my excitement over the mere sight of my sister’s baby boy.

The incident prompted me to think that God sees us very much the same way. We often get busy with life and don’t pay attention to His loving gaze. And yet even still, He is filled with love, passion, and excitement for us. (Read the Song of Solomon if you need a reminder!)

My eyes started to water as the light turned green, thinking of how amazing it was to be given such a huge blessing on my usually-dreadful drive home from work. Then I glanced upward and smiled at my awesome God.

The eyes of the LORD are everywhere, keeping watch on the wicked and the good.
~ Proverbs 15:3


No comments:

Post a Comment