Saturday, February 27, 2010

Ahh....The Weekend!

It's a peaceful Saturday morning. Harry is at school and Bianca is sleeping. I figured now would be the perfect time to sip on a cup of hot tea and catch up on this blog.

The first thing my Dad asked at Harry's basketball game this week was, "Is she doing any more tricks?" I'm sure all of you are wondering the same thing. As far as I know, she isn't doing anything new, but yesterday Aunt Dot told me that she laughed liked she's never laughed before. Lucy was apparently doing something to make Katie laugh, and the more Katie laughed, the more Bianca laughed. I'm so sad I missed it. I've heard her laugh, but it hasn't been anything like that. I wish someone would have been able to tape it for me, but I guess that's the way it goes for a working mom. It's inevitable that we're going to miss a lot.

Keep that fact in mind as you read the next part.

Some of you know about my dream of running my own business. The vision of Circle's End came to me in 2002 while I was doing yoga on the beach in San Diego. It would be a place where women come to heal and refresh. I dream of using massage therapy along with other activities such as journaling, collages, and women's circles to help hurting women see that they are special, they are loved, and it's never too late to make their dreams come true.

The first step in getting to Circle's End is to become a massage therapist. Harry and I decided that it possible for me to go to school part time, starting this summer. The issue is I am already $40,000 in debt from school. It doesn't seem prudent to go into more.

So...To help pay for school and to pay down that debt, I have decided to become a Pink Papaya consultant. I will be selling spa products that are made with 100% natural oils and completely manufactured in the USA. They also smell really good! I don't think I'll have a problem promoting products that I really love.

I will be joining the company on March 1st. I'm asking for everyone's prayers that I do well with the business. Harry and I talked about it, and he said that if I make and save enough money, there is a possibility I can stay home with our next child. Nothing would make me happier. Being a work-from-home mom would be a dream come true!

Don't worry: I'm not quitting my job at UMB. (That was my Mom's concern.) I'm just hoping to supplement my income a little bit.

Anyway, don't be too offended if you happen to receive an email asking to help me spread the word about Pink Papaya products. I just really want to do well so that I can be home with our next baby. I don't want to miss the things with him/her that I'm missing with BiBi.

No comments:

Post a Comment