Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Unexpected Respite

Yesterday was an absolutely crazy day at work. For whatever reason, our investigators have adopted a culture of doing tasks at the last minute. I found out on Friday afternoon that I had to get a grant application together for a Monday due date. Needless to say, I was scrambling to get everything completed on time. I worked from 8:00 AM yesterday to 1:30 AM this morning. I'm proud to say that I got everything finished - and, surprisingly, I wasn't even that stressed. That is a blessing in itself!

The best part of all of yesterday's work is being able to stay home today. I'm not checking my emails. I'm not answering my phone. I'm leaving the worries of the office behind. And I'm enjoying a wonderful day of quality time with my daughter. (Right now, she's napping, so I am drinking a mug of hot tea and catching up on my favorite blogs.) It's a great day!

I can't help but hear the words of Jesus whispering in my ear, "Come to me, all you that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." (Matthew 11:28) Our God is so incredibly good and faithful! Tomorrow I will go back to my hectic routine, but today, I am laying everything down and truly savoring this unexpected respite with Him. I don't know about you, but I could stay hunkered down in His arms for days!! There's nowhere else I'd rather be.

No comments:

Post a Comment