Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Can I Be Used?

I have been reading Amy Bayliss’ posts on 31 days of online ministry. I am particularly interested in the topic because I really do want every part of my life to be surrendered over to God, including my blog…no matter how few readers I have! When I sit and reflect on what I would ultimately like my blog to contain, I am called to help people embrace a holistically healthy life. I would like to offer content that is uplifting, encouraging, and inspiring to those readers hoping to transform their mind, bodies and souls. For most people, “Holistic Health” doesn’t bring about images of living a Christian life, but I would love to help bridge the gap. I’ve been feeling a sense of urgency in my soul lately that we are in the last days, and I know that I am being called to spread the Good News. Perhaps someone searching for Holistic Health may stumble upon my blog and at least have a seed planted in them. We never know how God will use our words.

That being said, today’s post by Amy really hit me hard in the heart. Particularly the statement, “You can’t pour out what you don’t contain.” Ouch! What truth!

I look at my life, and I realize two important things: 1) I don’t know God as intimately as I should and 2) I’m a long way off from being holistically healthy. Which leads me to ponder – can I, as broken and insignificant as I am, be a vessel for promoting living a holistically healthy life rooted in Christ? Because we serve a big and mighty God, the answer, of course, is yes. He can use anyone He chooses in ways we can’t even imagine. We just have to stayed tuned into Him and follow His will for our lives. Chelle speaks beautifully about this very topic in her Word Filled Wednesday post.

No matter the size, appearance, or reach of my blogging, I just want to do it all for His Glory.

1 comment:

  1. All I know is this: you keep writing even if you don't feel as if you arrived at the destination yet. We are all on a journey, and sharing and helping others is part of it. Even if you do not feel you are meeting all requirements, keep at it, keep striving and keep blogging about it. In doing so, you will find yourself closer to your goals. That's what I have found to be true anyway :)

    ReplyDelete