Saturday, January 15, 2011

Phew!

This past week has been very intense for me, and I am breathing a deep sigh of relief that it is over. These crazy weeks at work remind me how very out of balance my life is. I was working 10 - 12 hours every day in the office, and then working some more at home once Bianca went to bed. I missed my MOPS meeting on Monday night. Tuesday night I only got two hours of sleep and Wednesday I got four. Friday morning I woke up sick, but I had to ignore my sore throat, stuffy nose, and achy muscles and tough it out at work because we had another grant application due. (I had ample time to work on the one that was due Wednesday, but this one I found out about last minute.) Everything was completed and out the door on time, but obviously at a big cost. I didn't think I would ever say this, but I can't wait for my supervisor's maternity leave to be over. I have been doing both her job and mine since August, and I am simply tired.

I had intended to write a post about living a life of service - a theme that has been appearing in my life in several places since the New Year - but as I am watching my daughter throw her lunch on the floor while I type this, I realize I have to get back to the areas of my life that have been neglected this week - namely my family. Alas, my blogging will have to wait for another day...

No comments:

Post a Comment