Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I Need Help

It's no secret that I'm not happy at my job. I know that I need to make a change. But I find myself facing a bit of a dilemma. I have been job searching; however, most of the jobs I am qualified for are administrative in nature. These are the jobs I know I would be able to get. BUT I don't want to take on another administrative job just to escape my current one. Otherwise, I will find myself in the same exact position another year or two down the road. I know this is true because I have been in administrative jobs since I graduated from college, and I am nowhere near being satisfied.

I want a TRUE BREAKTHROUGH in my career. I want to find a job that helps feed my soul. I want to make a difference in people's lives. I want to gain a sense of peace and satisfaction from my work. I want to feel more joyful and less anxiety when I go to work. I want to work hard, make good money, occasionally get overwhelmed, but in general, truly love what I do. It would also be ideal if I can put to use the two Master's degrees I already have, as opposed to attending school yet again. I know that such a job exists. I just don't know how to find it.

I'm starting to realize that I can't get through this process alone. I need help. I have been praying for so long, and I am still no closer to any answers. I think I need to see a life coach or a career coach - preferably a Christian one. Someone who can help me find concrete answers and help me formulate an action plan for transitioning my career. But how do I go about finding such a person?

I spend so much time worrying about my job. If that area of my life could be worked out, I know I would be much more pleasant to be around, more confident, more peaceful, and more powerful. (And my blog posts wouldn't constantly revolve around this topic!) I definitely wouldn't be the only person who would benefit from a true change.

2 comments:

  1. I know someone for you Carey! You need Joel Boggess: http://www.4pointscoaching.com/

    He helped my friend Heather (she started The Pink Dress ministry) and the book he wrote is based on her journey. He's awesome. Go to his site...asap!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Chelle! What a great resource!! I looked at Joel's coaching packages, and I don't know if I can afford him, but I think I'll contact him anyway to see if he can help me. It's by no accident that you have come into my life, and I feel so grateful!!

    ReplyDelete