Saturday, January 29, 2011

Snow Day

Wednesday night into Thursday morning, we had another snow storm. Though I am not a huge fan of the white stuff (or more accurately - the cold), I couldn't contain my excitement when I found out our school was closed. It was another day where I could leave the worries of work behind and enjoy the company of not only my daughter, but also my husband, whose school was also closed for the day.

We spent a leisurely morning together, and then I went outside to shovel. Harry hurt his back last week, so the duty fell on me. Though I wasn't expecting it, shoveling the snow turned out to be really good for my soul. I thoroughly enjoyed the crisp, fresh air and the hour of solitude I was able to spend with God. I also felt a sense of accomplishment at getting the job done. And as a bonus, it turned out to be a bit of a workout, too, as my sore shoulders proved!

We also took Bianca outside to play. Though she seemed to like the snow, she was ready to go back inside after 10 minutes. Here is one of the few pictures we managed to get:
It's hard to believe that the weekend is here already, but I'm not complaining!! A girl could definitely get used to these short work weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment