Wednesday, June 27, 2012

A New Beginning

After months of silence on my other two blogs, I feel the need to write again ~ this time on a clean slate.  On one blog, I focused on my role as a mother, trying to be funny, and yet, not really succeeding.  On the other, I focused on my Christian faith, trying to portray an image that never fit me quite right.  So now I turn to a new blog, free of expectation and judgment.  Here, I want to be authentic.  Here, I want to be free.

There are many facets to the enigma that is me.  Yes, I am a Christian, but I also love delving into new agey self help.  Yes, I am a wife and a mother, but I'm also a girl with wild dreams trying to figure out how to make them a reality.  Yes, I would love to earn a doctorate degree, but I am equally as passionate about getting certified in Massage Therapy and Nutrition.  I am finished with feeling bad about my seemingly conflicting passions and beliefs.  For way too long, I have felt afraid and guilty and tried to fit into the molds created for me by others.  I can't live that way anymore.  I just want to be me - no matter what she looks like when all is said and done.

Two months ago, a dear co-worker and friend told me that my 33rd year will be a time of preparation.  A year of meditation and contemplation.  A time to be still and figure out the direction I wish to walk in.  A time to sharpen and focus my skills and education.  I am beginning to realize that her prediction was correct.

As I nurture and grow a new life inside of me in the form of my daughter-to-be, I am at the same time nurturing and growing a new life for myself.  I am gaining a better picture of the person I ultimately wish to be.  There is so much potential and life inside of me waiting to burst forth.  It's time to stop avoiding it and to start embracing it.

Welcome to My Stained Glass Life!    

No comments:

Post a Comment