Friday, June 29, 2012

The Blue Dress

A lovely co-worker recently gave me a beautiful dress that she wore often when she was pregnant.  While I was in love with the look of the long blue frock with a lovely yellow and white damask pattern, I was rather scared of the tag that read "Medium."  Fortunately, I was pleasantly surprised that not only could I fit into it, it hugged my body in all the right places, making it rather flattering.  This morning I decided to wear it to work.

When Harry woke up, he saw me and said, "Is that a new dress?  You look really nice."  About 20 minutes later when Bianca got up, she looked at me and said, "You look beautiful, Mommy."  Talk about a wonderful start to my day!  The compliments didn't stop there, though.  I received several complimentary remarks from different co-workers.  It made me feel good.

It's amazing what a confidence in your abilities to perform your job well combined with a sense of pride in your looks can do for a woman!  I was super productive today! 

After Alexandra is born and our finances get back in order, I think I need to invest in more clothes that make me look and feel fabulous. 

No comments:

Post a Comment