Thursday, October 27, 2011

Building Recognition

Bianca and I were driving eastbound on Route 40 yesterday. As we were passing some buildings, BiBi asked from the back seat, "What's that, Mommy?" The rest of our conversation went something like this:

Me: That's a restaurant, sweetie.
Bi: No, Mommy. That's church.

(Keep in mind that we attend a seed church that is currently located inside of a business park, so I didn't think anything of that response.)

Bi: What's that, Mommy?
Me: That's a motel.
Bi: No, Mommy. That's church. (pause) What's that, Mommy?
Me: That's a store where they sell tractors.
Bi: No, Mommy. That's church.

At this point I begin thinking, "Ok...every building is church to her."

So when we come to the red light next to the Toys R Us, and she asks me "What's that?" naturally I respond with, "That's church, sweetie," thinking she would be quite pleased that I finally caught on.

Her response? "No, Mommy. That's toys!"

Oy vey!

6 comments: