Wednesday, October 26, 2011

212

This past Sunday, our church kicked off a two-year initiative simply called 212. As way of explanation, at 211 degrees, water sits calm and still in the pot. But at 212 degrees, it boils and moves and comes to life. At 212 degrees, water undergoes a transformation and begins turning into steam: something powerful enough to move a locomotive or generate electricity.

At CCC, we want the same to be true about our own lives and our relationships with God. It’s possible for us to come to church, sing the songs and listen to the message, and never really be moved to become something more than we currently are. We can attend a small group and form relationships, but still never grow. We can serve and help others, but never be transformed into the people God dreams us to be.

Over the next two years, we will be going on a journey to turn up the heat in our lives, to become 212 kind of people. We are hoping that God will transform us into something new: into people who trust God is amazing ways and who are radically generous with our lives.

I’m personally really excited about this process. I know God will move in big ways in our hearts, in our church, in our community, and in the world. I can’t wait to be a witness to it all. I am honored that I find myself a part of CCC at such an exciting time.

I was given a promise last year that I would experience an Ephesians 3:20 decade, and I finally feel like it is here. I am ready to turn up the heat and be transformed. I’m ready to recalibrate my life, living each day with a sense of adventure and excitement, with following Jesus at the center of it all.

I’m ready to Live a Radically Generous Life!

No comments:

Post a Comment