Friday, October 14, 2011

A&P - 1 Year Later

If you can't tell, that is a picture of a dissected sheep's brain. Cutting open the tiny organ was today's lab activity in our A&P class. This exercise confirmed that I will never be a medical doctor! (I was a bit grossed out and nauseous by the whole process.)

I can't really explain, though, how proud and excited I am to have gotten this far in the class. I look back at my first attempt at A&P. I never made it to the first exam, let alone a dissection. But look at me now: heading into midterms with a 98%.

It just reminds me how badly my postpartum depression was affecting me. I literally felt like I was living in a fog. My brain simply wasn't functioning properly. I don't know what I was thinking attempting to take a 4 credit class in that state. But none of that matters now.

What matters is that I am clear-headed, focused, and intent on embracing the life I know I was created to live. I don't know how long it will take to get there, but I am certainly on my way!

1 comment: