Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Sacred Friday: Support

I have so much support in my life. It comes from so many places. Without a doubt, this has to be one of my greatest blessings.

First and foremost, I have the support of my wonderful husband. He stands beside me and my crazy ideas….even when deep down he thinks they won’t work. He gives me the space and freedom to be my own person and to nurture the other relationships in my life. He allows me to pursue my interests on my own terms; he rarely pressures me. The majority of the time he will offer to drive because he knows I don’t like to drive….even though he doesn’t like it either. He cleans up after dinner and changes and feeds Bianca without a request. I truly don’t know what I would do without him in my life.

I also have the support of my family. Even though I may sometimes get discouraged by their lack of faith in me, they truly do love me and will support me in any way they can. Some examples – they were present at every major event in my life – baptism, birthday parties, First Communion, band concerts, choir performances, musicals, high school graduation, college graduation, bridal shower, wedding, baby shower, housewarming, Bianca’s baptism….and I know it won’t stop. They purchased Pink Papaya products from me and were happy to book parties. Kim helped me get my current job. Mom is always buying me things, even when she has no money. My sister is always there to let me vent or to answer my silly questions. My mother-in-law supports me 100% in my business. It was her FOURTH order from my website that allowed me to achieve my first incentive phase. And that’s just the tip of the iceberg! My family – every single member – is just so wonderful to be a part of.

Of course, I have the love and support of my two best friends – particularly my co-pilot – that has helped me grow and expand in ways I couldn’t have on my own. Steph, for all your advice, for all your encouragement, for all your prayers, for all your honesty, for all your hugs and smiles, for all of your emails, for being such a nurturing and positive influence in my life … I am eternally grateful! I love you!

I also have the support of my wonderful co-worker Sheila. She always helps me out when I need it. She listens to me vent when the day gets really rough. She covered for me beautifully while I was on vacation last week. She bought me cookies and mochas on my roughest days. She purchased several Pink Papaya products from me. She is truly my right hand at work and I appreciate her more than I probably ever tell her.

My Pink Papaya team leader Cathy is wonderful. She is such a great cheerleader. I know it benefits her if I do well, but can I just say that it feels really, really good having someone say, “You are doing so great! I knew you would! Just wait until you start building your own team! You are going to be a wonderful leader!” That encouragement and blind faith goes a long way with me. I love, love, love my business….and I know it’s partly because I have such a great support system.

I also have the support of both my boss and my supervisor at my day job. I know I complain about my job – A LOT – but I also know the majority of my complaints could be resolved by changing my attitude. When I asked Nicole to change my hours to 7:30 – 4:30 instead of 8:00 – 5:00, she let me do it…AND said that because I work so hard, she would let me work 8:00 – 4:30. When I asked about going to Miami for a grants administration training, she paid for me to go. If I ever decide to take the time to come up with ideas that might make my job more efficient, I know she would support me. Yes, I complain about work, but in reality, I don’t really have it all that bad.

I also have great financial support. The combination of Harry's and my salaries allows us to live in a beautiful house. We will be out of debt in a few years, with the exception of our mortgage. We will be able to purchase Harry a BMW. If we ever needed to borrow money, I know several family members who would have no qualms with lending it to us. We have gotten lots of clothes for Bianca without paying a penny. We are having a deck built for only the cost of materials. We are able to live comfortably.

Yes, support is everywhere in my life. And it is simply warm, comforting, and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment