Thursday, August 20, 2009

Week 38


Well, here we are with only two more weeks to go until our estimated due date. Although, as Harry and I talked about this morning, we’re really just counting down to me being overdue. We really have no idea when our Little One will decide to grace the world with her presence. If it was up to me, though, I’d say “the sooner, the better!”

I’ve reached the point where I am ready. I don’t do anything at work except sit around now that our temporary assistant has started. And frankly, searching the internet all day has lost its appeal. Bianca’s temporary room is as ready as it can be. Our hospital bag is packed. Kris is coming over tonight to help us figure out the car seats. Once we have them installed, we will be officially ready for her to get here.

And honestly, I’m just uncomfortable now. I can’t sleep through the night, and I’m tired. All the pregnancy websites advise moms-to-be to take cat naps during the day, but how am I supposed to do that when I’m stuck at work all day? Even a month ago, I couldn’t understand why anyone would want to start their maternity leave BEFORE their baby was born. Now I completely understand…and I’m jealous of those ladies who can.

There really isn't a lot to report on Bianca’s development this week. All of her internal organ systems are pretty much ready for the outside world, she’s got her meconium stockpile building up, she’s stored up lots of healthy baby fat, her brain continues to grow, and she’s more or less reached official baby status-- all she needs to do is "head out" and say hello to the world.

If anyone has some extra labor dust lying around, please send some my way!!

2 comments:

  1. No "labor dust", just greassy Domino's pizza

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww! I went til 40 1/2 weeks girl! I know how it can get uncomfortable. I'll give you a few pointers... I used to put a cool washcloth on my tummy and have her react to it by kicking during the day. Also, I indulged in Mexican food twice a week, for the last two weeks of my pregnancy. Then at night I slept flat on my back giving your ribs room to not crunch down making you feel even more uncomfortable. This'll allow her to stretch a bit more and likely begin the turn around in birthing position. Keep your head up sweetie. You'll be there soon, trust me!!! <3

    ReplyDelete