Friday, August 7, 2009

Myth or Reality?

I have heard that lots of women go into labor when there is a full moon. So much so, labor and delivery units tend to have more staff available during periods of the full moon. The theory is that the moon's gravitational pull effects the amniotic fluid in much the same way as it effects the water in the sea, rivers and even the water that's otherwise found in our bodies.

I looked it up, and the next full moon is due to appear on September 4th. If the full moon and labor correlation is true, it looks like there is a good possibility I could go into labor that day.

Do any of my loyal readers have any stories to tell related to this topic? I'm very interested!!

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could something interesting to this, but I don't know of anyone that gave birth according to a full moon. But! it's still an interesting theory. Crazy things happen with full moons so I still believe it could be true. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, hmmmm... I hadn't heard of that.. I am unsure if it's just a myth or not, but I guess you'll prove it to be truth, if it does happen!!! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete