Thursday, June 25, 2009

Week 30


Holy moly! We’ve entered the 30s! Only 10 more weeks to go!

I think my belly officially “popped” this week. Prior to now, whenever I wore a shirt that wasn’t maternity, it was still questionable to tell if I was pregnant or just chubby. This week, though, it seems like everyone can tell I am pregnant. I have gotten more comments by strangers in the last two days than in my whole pregnancy combined. Even people I see every day have commented on how big my belly is getting. I just hope I’m not shocked by the scale on Tuesday. Wouldn’t it be ironic for me to gain more weight during the weeks I don’t eat any ice cream??

This past weekend was Father’s Day. Mom, Dad, Julie, Kris, Tanner, Damian, and I celebrated at Ladew Topiary Gardens. We had a picnic and listened to the Crawdaddies play. It was a great day! Harry couldn’t join us because he was at College Park for a basketball camp. I happened to see Kathleen there – which literally made my heart sing. She was the icing on the cake!

This week, I’ve been feeling pretty good, but extremely tired. Even if I manage to get a decent night’s sleep, I still wake up in the morning with no energy. I also was plagued with terrible heartburn. It was so bad on Tuesday I was ready to call the doctor. Luckily, it subsided after my third Pepcid (even though I’m not supposed to take more than two a day!) Tuesday was just a crappy day in general. Sorry for the negativity in my last post. I was just a cranky pregnant lady!

So what’s happening to our Little Miracle in week 30? The fine lanugo hair that has been growing all over her body is going to start falling off this week. She is also getting even cuter with increasingly pudgy arms and legs thanks to the ever-growing layers of subcutaneous fat. She should be weighing in at around 3 pounds and be nearly 16 inches long.

No comments:

Post a Comment