Thursday, June 18, 2009

Week 29


I can’t believe we’re at the start of a new week already! On Tuesday, I had a doctor’s appointment. Everything looks really good so far. I wasn’t dehydrated, my blood pressure was good, my belly measured right at 28 weeks, and I gained 2 pounds since my last visit. I passed my glucose test with no problems, and – at long last – I was told that Bianca’s spine looks fine. It looks like we are having a very healthy pregnancy so far. My next appointment will be on June 30th.

At week 29, Bianca has managed to accumulate enough baby fat to account for nearly 3.5% of her overall body weight. Her spleen is now in charge of hematopoiesis—the process involved in building up certain important blood components. Her muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and her head is growing bigger to make room for her developing brain. To meet her increasing nutritional demands, I need to consume plenty of protein, vitamin C, folic acid, calcium, and iron. This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in our Little Miracle’s hardening skeleton each day.

Nothing too exciting happened this week, although we did find out that Bonnie is having a girl. She and Derek plan to name her Harley. There seems to be a lot of girls being born lately. Maybe Danny and Kylene will have a boy…

No comments:

Post a Comment