Thursday, June 11, 2009

Week 28


28 down…12 more to go! Today begins my journey into the third trimester ~ the period of leg cramps, hemorrhoids, varicose veins, itchy skin, aches and pains, swelling, heartburn, indigestion and . . . Bianca’s arrival! (The latter making all the discomfort worth it!)

Harry and I went to the Orioles’ game with Tony and Amanda last night. I don’t know if it was all the loud sounds, or if our daughter is already a baseball fan, but she was going crazy. I haven’t felt her move so much in a three-hour period before. Because she started “cheering” when Seattle’s starting lineup was being announced, we think she may be a Mariners’ fan.

In general, I’m feeling great. I’m just realizing how quickly time really flies by. My little brother graduated from high school this weekend, and my baby nephew got his ear pierced last night. It’s amazing watching them as they grow. I can’t even begin to imagine what it’s going to be like when our own Little Miracle is walking among us. I don’t want to wish a moment of our lives away, but her Daddy will be walking her down the aisle before we know it!

As for what’s happening to Bianca this week, her eyes are doing lots of blinking because she’s now able to respond to light and dark. Also, her bone marrow is now a major construction site for developing red blood cells, while her adrenal glands are producing androgen and estrogen—which hopefully will stimulate my hormones to begin milk production. Because of my breast reduction, there’s no guarantee I will be able to breast feed, but I’m still holding out hope I didn’t lose all functionality. Only time will tell…

No comments:

Post a Comment