Friday, June 5, 2009

Week 27


I had my glucose test this morning. The orange liquid I had to drink really wasn’t bad at all. It was a cross between Kool Aid and orange soda. My friend Andrea said she had to drink hers at room temperature, but mine was served up nice and cold. I sat and waited for an hour and then the phlebotomist drew my blood. Hopefully I passed. As soon I hear anything, I will definitely let you know.

On my midwife’s suggestion, Harry and I registered for our child birth class this week. It starts on July 2nd. It is once a week for four weeks, 6:00 – 8:30 PM. I’m really looking forward to it. I’m also looking forward to my prenatal yoga class, which I simultaneously registered for. The class begins on July 7th, and is once a week for four weeks.

This coming weekend, Harry and I are pretty busy. We will be going to my friend Kim’s wedding tomorrow and then to my brother Edward’s high school graduation on Sunday. Of course, despite the activities, we will be stopping by Miramar Landing to see if any progress was made on our house this week. But with all the rain we’ve been getting, I’m not expecting anything too dramatic.

Nothing too exciting is happening with Bianca this week. She weighs almost 2 pounds and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. She is also continuing to slowly rotate in preparation to make her Big Entrance. I’ll know she is “locked and loaded” when I feel an unfamiliar pressure on my cervix. I don’t know if I’m looking forward to that one…

No comments:

Post a Comment