Thursday, March 26, 2009

Week 17

(When I see this picture, all I can hear is Shrek saying, "Onions have layers!")

I can’t believe how quickly this week has gone by! My boss returned to the office after being gone for three weeks, and I have been swamped at work. It seems that the busier I am, the faster the days go. My nights have also flown by, as my nose has been stuck in a great book called “The Shack,” which was a recommendation by Aunt Carol. (Mom was supposed to read it first, but because she is in the middle of another book, I got first dibs!) I was almost shocked when I realized it was Thursday, and I’m into a new week already!

This past week has truly been exciting. First, I finally broke the news to my boss. He didn’t seem too excited, but he also didn’t seem too upset. I’m just glad it’s finally out there. Second, Mom and Kristen gave me my first sets of maternity clothes. They are technically my birthday presents, but because I was having trouble breathing when I buttoned up my regular pants, they thought I needed an earlier intervention. My belly and I are thrilled! Third, Damian started flag football. Although I was at church during his first game, I was able to come to the opening ceremonies. He looks so cute in his uniform! Fourth, Harry’s tennis team won their first match yesterday. He didn’t think the team would get a win all season, so it was exciting to see one. And for the most thrilling event of all….we bought a house!!!

I have been wanting to write a blog about it all week, but never seemed to find the time. On Sunday, with Damian in tow, Harry and I signed a contract and put a down payment on a villa in Miramar Landing in Middle River. We chose the Rehoboth model. If you want to get a sneak peek of what it may look like, here is the link: http://www.ryland.com/find-your-new-home/26-baltimore/1305-miramar-landing-villas/12994-rehoboth.html. If you click on the Elevations tab, ours will look similar to the house on the left. We are going to the Design Center on Monday to pick out our options. The construction should be completed by November. We had wanted to be settled before the baby got here, but it didn’t quite work out that way. Still, we are so excited to finally have a home where we can plant our roots and watch our family grow!

Speaking of growing, this is what is happening to our Little Miracle this week: his/her skeleton is hardening, changing from cartilage to bone, and fat is starting to accumulate around it. The umbilical cord is getting thicker and stronger, and those little fingers and toes are now topped by one-of-a-kind prints.

I have no sickness to report this week, and no real physical changes. I don’t look like I’m pregnant yet; I just look like I’m putting on more weight. I still haven’t felt any movement yet, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment